Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Owie!!

Oh boy....I really did it this time! I'm such a clutz anyway, but this time it truly was an accident. We had just returned from the hospital & the pharmacy so I look absolutely HORRIBLE, but I knew I'd hear about it if I didn't include a couple of pictures! I was nice enough to spare you the picture of my ankle....I mean my cankle! For those of you who've never heard that term, that's your calf & ankle blended together - no ankle - your calf just doesn't quit!


So I've told a few stories trying to make it sound more exciting, worth the pain even....

Story #1: I was fighting off an intruder!

Story #2: I was going for the Gold!!
Gymnastics in the Living Room
Platform Diving off the Couch
Trampoline ON the Couch
Hurdles in the Dining Room


Story #3: The Truth.....

Ok, the truth is I was trying to clean the house on Saturday! That's what you do on your day off, right? I got the dishes done & the sink scoured. Dusting was next. Because I'm short, I was standing on a chair to get to the top shelves in the bookcase. I stepped off the chair onto one of Keeko's bones & rolled my ankle. At the same time I heard *CRACK*! Dirk ran over, of course, asking what happened. I'm trying to explain, in between sobs! I actually didn't even know I'd stepped on the dog's bone, but I knew I'd stepped on something. I wondered for a second if I'd broken my ankle. Oh man it hurt so bad - it took my breath away! Because I'm so stubborn though, I wouldn't go to the hospital. I just figured I'd twisted it, I'd ice it up, walk it off, rub some dirt on it...I'd be ok.

The next day, I had Dirk look at it. It was really swollen & started to bruise up. We decided we'd better have it looked at so we went to the hospital. Good news....not broken. I have a "high-grade sprain" and have to stay off of it for a week, in case of a hairline fracture. Crutches...a whole different story all together. I HATE these stupid crutches! I have an appointment with our regular doctor tomorrow morning. I'm not leaving his office until I have a boot or a cast or something other than these crutches! I'll blog more about this later....I'm super tired & headed for bed. Wish me luck! I need it.....

4 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Aw Stink! I don't blame with the whole crutches thing. We weren't meant to have 4 legs...it just doesn't work right for us!

I hope you feel better soon!

Devin & Shalise said...

My poor sis!!! I hate crutches! I know you will pull through! You are amazing... tell us what the doctor says and if you get to have a scooter!! :)

melissa marie said...

Oh girl, ankle injuries are the worst!!! And having to use crutches comes in a close second, hate those sore armpits afterwards. You know your a blogaholic when something like this happens and the first thing you think is I HAVE TO GET PICTURES FOR THE BLOG!!! ha ha.

Kylee said...

Hi Dae! Spraining your ankle is horrible! The last time I did was playing wallyball at PQ! It's a long recovery, so I feel for you!