Sunday, June 1, 2008

Good 'Ol Country Music


On Friday, a couple of girls from work invited me to a concert. They got tickets, from a vendor, for Gary Allan, Keith Urban, & Kenny Chesney! First of all, free ticket, and second, on the 5th row!! Count me in!! I was so excited....I haven't been to a concert for over 10 years. The last concert Dirk & I went to was Reba McIntire at the Delta Center in Salt Lake. Anyway, I was stoked!

The concert started at 3:30pm at the University of Phoenix Stadium, the new state-of-the art stadium for the Arizona Cardinals.
It was early for a concert, but I didn't realize that there were 5 acts instead of just 3. First, we saw a couple of contest winners trying for the grand prize of opening for 3 Kenny Chesney concerts (including Phoenix), $25,000, and a recording contract. They did alright.

Next, Gary Allan came on. He was pretty good. I just didn't know him very well. I did recognize some of his songs though.

Then came Sammy Hagar, of all people. He is old & crazy, but who can resist singing along to "I Can't Drive 55" and "There's Only One Way to Rock"?! I think he's friends with Kenny Chesney.

Then came Keith Urban. Oh man....he is so CUTE! This was my favorite part of the night. I even bought one of his shirts!! I was hoping he'd bring out his wife, but I think she's almost ready to have their baby.

Last was Kenny Chesney. He was good too. His stage setup was really awesome! He had a bunch of huge screens so nobody would miss anything. I was impressed. Leann Rimes was supposed to be there too, but she supposedly had "strained vocal chords".

But Keith Urban was worth the day! Dang, he was awesome!! Here are a few "grainy" cell phone pictures....
Sherri (from work), Melissa (from work), and one of my very best friends, Patty. One of the other girls from work, Christian, unfortunately couldn't make it at the last minute so we had an extra ticket. After numerous calls to try & track her down, I finally got a hold of Patty to go with us. It's a good thing she didn't have anything planned! She had 2 hours to clear her schedule & get ready. We all laughed the entire night. We had soooo much fun!
Kenny's big banner before his show. It's the "Poets & Pirates" tour.
5th row wasn't as close as we'd hoped...not bad, but far enough that my cell phone zoom isn't so great. The little man at the bottom is Keith, in front of the big screen.
These are pictures of Keith on the big screen.

4 comments:

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Oooo, how fun! I bet that was a blast! I have heard that Keith and Kenny are amazing in concert!

I love the new back drop, by the way! It is fitting when you are reading about a Kenny Chesney concert :) And, in my only 41 degree weather, I feel a bit warmer! THANKS!

Jana said...

Sid and I are way jealous!! L-U-C-K-Y!!! You dog!!

melissa marie said...

So fun, I'm jealous. My husband loves Gary Allan.

kelsey and murray said...

Dae! Thanks for the comment. I am with you on hoping that will change soon!
Melis and I still laugh about what a small world it is how you are related to her and me and how well anyways... love it! Good to hear from you!