So much has happened since my last "cankle" post! Long story, semi-short....I had the MRI in September. After receiving the results, my family doctor decided to send me to the Orthopedic Specialist because of the amount of swelling in my ankle. I saw the specialist. Low & behold, I tore a ligament! He did say it was the "wimpy" ligament & that everyone that sprains their ankle tears it so he wasn't surprised. I was lucky. It could have been much worse. He took me out of the boot & put me in a fancy, schmancy ankle brace like athletes wear then sent me off to physical therapy for a month. I've been going twice a week & doing exercises at home every night.
I went back to the specialist today....drum roll please....I'm all clear!! No more boots, braces, therapy, exercises, or even tennis shoes EVERY SINGLE DAY! I still have to be careful for a few more months while this ligament continues to heal (this is worse than a break for sure). I have to wear the brace if I do something that requires a little more stability & I can't wear heels for a couple more months, but I'll take it!! I still have some pain & limited flexibility with certain movements, but I'm getting there. Yea!
Now we have to start working on all of Dirk's "issues". I'll tell you more about them later....





2 comments:
Hooray for the cankle update. I am glad you are in the "clear" kind of.
Sweet!! That is so exciting that you done with the boot... hey how is the biggest loser thing goin?
Post a Comment