Saturday, November 22, 2008

Homesick

I'm having one of those weeks! I haven't been homesick for a really long time, but for some reason, today especially, I'm homesick. I think the kicker tonight was finding a long lost friend's blog (of course it doesn't help that I'm emotional this week!). She wasn't really "long lost". I know where she is & I know how to get in touch with her. We just kind of let life get in the way. Dumb! I read her entire blog, from the beginning, & cried. So many memories came flooding back. "Flooding" is a good word since I can't stop bawling now!


I miss being near family (that I'm closer to), camping, hiking, the lake, drives & picnics up the canyon, fall weather (but not winter!), & truly great friends!!! Why do we let time go by so quickly? We rush, rush, rush through everything...especially here. It's called city life.

Do you ever have those days where you wish you could rewind, just to enjoy certain times, things, & people all over again? Maybe it's the holidays.....I don't know. I'm such a mess!

11 comments:

Devin & Shalise said...

I know how you feel! I think when you are away from family, you take a step back and realize how you took advantage of being with them almost everyday! It's hard when you see kids growing up, I hate that! Some days are better than others! Well... I can't wait to see you IN A FEW WEEKS!!!

Katharine said...

You should just move up here again because I miss you a whole lot!! Or we'll just move down there!!

melissa marie said...

I know exactly how you feel. I don't think I could ever move away from my family. Hopefully you will come home soon so I can see you!

Amy Lindstrom ~ YourLifeUncommon.com said...

Dear sweet Dae! I can't wait to see you! I have heard you are coming for Christmas! We HAVE to get together while you are here! I miss you!

Jess said...

Hey Dae! I got my blog up! Thanks for your help. sardakowskiscribbles.blogspot.com

Kyle and Serene Hardy said...

You are so loved and so missed as well. We are so excited to see you at Christmas. We'll just have to make memories that will last all year long!! Love ya!

Jen-dog said...

Dae! I still am here loving you! I miss you! I wish you were here again. I was reading your comment and I started remembering too, all of the fun times we used to have and how you were such a true friend to me. You are special Dae! Truely special. And I love you!

kelsey and murray said...

If it makes you feel better, we miss you! I am excited to see you at Christmas time! Its not too far away!!! Love you!

Therena Taylor & Family said...

ooooh, I'm sorry- I feel so bad! but we love having you here, it's just too bad that its taylor that gets to see you everyday instead of me!

Mindy said...

Hey, I am sending out Christmas cards and would like to send you one, since I'm not talented enough to ever update our blog. Sorry, this is the only way I know of to get a hold of you guys. Can I get your address? You can e-mail me at mindyzobell@hotmail.com. Thank you so much!

Hardy Party said...

Hey Girl,

I read your blog quite often but don't usually comment. I know, I'm bad. I really love your wit and sense of humor. I think you are back in Utah now, so we hope you are getting your family fix. I love the birds... :-)
George and Sondi